PUBLIC LAP SWIMMING WILL BE LIMITED TO ONE PERSON PER LANE.
THE RECREATION POOL WILL BE LIMITED TO ABOUT 20 PEOPLE AT A TIME
SWIMMER RESERVATIONS WILL BE LIMITED TO 75 MINUTE TIME BLOCKS, MEANT TO INCLUDE ABOUT 60 MINUTES OF WATER TIME PLUS 15 MINUTES OF UNDRESSING/DRESSING.
GUESTS WILL BE SCREENED UPON ENTRY FOR SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING WILL BE CONTINUOUS THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
LOCKER ROOMS WILL BE OPEN IN A LIMITED USE. BASICALLY A CHANGING AREA TO GET OUT OF WET CLOTHING. NO SHOWERS.
FAMILY CHANGING ROOMS AVAILABLE
ENTRY AND EXIT WILL BE MODIFIED FOR SPACING
In the end, the measures are meant to minimize the risk of exposure to the public and staff that are healthy and comfortable enough to swim.
(Anyone Under 14)
During open swim times, children under 14 will need to pass our swimming test in order to swim without a life jacket. Test includes a 25 yard swim followed immediately by 1 minute of treading water. If the child does not pass they can enter the pool with a life jacket. Testing will take place for 10 minutes every hour on the hour.
We require snug fitting swim diapers with elastic on top and legs for all children who are not 100% potty trained & ALL CHILDREN 3 & UNDER. No disposable diapers allowed. Diapers are available for purchase at the pool. Fecal Incident Policy & Procedures article.
A fee is charged for all persons entering the pool regardless if they are swimming or not. The Non-Swimmer Fee is waived the last hour of everyday.
All Other Facility Rules
• No outside food or beverage allowed in pool
• All children under 12 must have an adult with them to visit the pool. Children 12+ must have an account on file with emergency contact.
• For up to the minute pool schedule, visit the Google calendar on our pool page.
• Open Swim times in the lap pool include diving board, basketball, rope climb & 3-5 lap lanes available.
Ask a lifeguard between 6-7 pm for lap pool open swim.
• Adult Only Times: Mon. - Fri. from 9am-10am in both pools.
• The Truckee Community Swimming Pool is open to the public. We accept single drop-ins but offer discounted monthly, quarterly, and annual passes. Please see our Pool Fees for more details.
• We check every person per our wristband system guidelines. These wristbands are crucial since they identify a the swim ability of each person for our lifeguards.
• All patrons are required to pay a small fee to enter the facility. In part, this helps our staff maintain control of who's on the pool deck. The funds also help maintain the facility's condition for both swimmers and non-swimmers alike.