Current Job Openings
Truckee-Donner Recreation and Park District is a great place to work, and offers many different employment opportunities. TDRPD's mission is Inspiring Creative, Active Lives for a Healthy Mountain Community'. We hope you apply to become part of this amazing organization.
- Employment Application
- Assistant Youth Program Coordinator Full Job Description
- This is a fantastic position that works with children in grades Kindergarten to 5th in befor and aftershool programs, camps and outings, and other events. Applicants must possess at least 12 Early Childhood Education Units (ECE's) or a degree in a related field.
Hours vary during the week and season, but are up to 39 per week.
Location: Glenchire Elementary in Truckee, California
Pay: $15.78 to $21.15 per hour, position works up to 39 hours per week and is eligible for benefits.
Send applications/resumes or inquiries to email@example.com or 530-448-1103
- Climbing Wall Instructors
- There are several part time positions open for climbing wall instructors to work at our state-of-the-art Community Recreation Center. Position requirements and levels of responsibility vary depending on experience. This is a part time position working at the Community Recreation Center in Truckee.
Hours: Typically after 4 p.m. during the week
Location: Community Recreation Center in Truckee, CA
Pay: $12.84 to $17.21 per hour DOE, plus perks including passes for you and your family to our pool, fitness center, and more
Contact Caroline Bechdolt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 550-4451 for more details.
- Park Facility Workers
- We have seasonal positions available for the coming seasons:
- Park Facility Workers, general labor (2): Park and facility cleaning duties include mopping, sweeping, special rental set up, bathroom cleaning, trash pick up and removal, and other related duties.
Hours (1): Sunday to Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Hours (1): Tuesday to Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Lawn Maintenance (Mower): Duties include loading and unloading mowers from trailer, mowing all parks, cleaning/lubing mowers, weed-eating, and various maintenance
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Ballfield / Field Prep (2): Duties include prepping baseball and softball fields for play (rake, drag, chalk, etc.); layout/paint sports fields (soccer, football, lacrosse, etc.); weed removal on all fields and various maintenance
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday (1 position), Tuesday-Saturday (1 position)
- Golf Course - Night Watering: Duties include nighttime watering of golf course grounds.
Hours: 6:00 p.m.-2:30 a.m. Sunday-Thursday
- Golf Course - General Preparation and Maintenance (2): Duties include golf course set-up, mowing golf course, weeding, and various maintenance tasks.
- Hours: 6:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday (1 position), Tuesday-Saturday (1 positions)
- Pay for all above positions: $12.53—16.79 per hour or DOE, plus District perks (membership passes to gym, pool, beach, etc. for employee and family)
Contact Bugg Vokel by email at email@example.com or call (530) 420-7275 for more information.
- Recreation Leader Full Job Description
- If you are a morning person and like working with kids this may be a job for you. TDRPD is looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to join our team of education experts to work with our wee ones, ages kinder to 5th grade. Your job duties will include supervising children's activities, playing games, homework help, and ensuring the general safety of the children.
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Monday-Friday
Location: Truckee Elementary in Truckee, California
Pay: $12.22 per hour or DOE, plus perks including passes for you and your family to our pool, fitness center, and more
Contact Tessa Waldron email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (preferred) call (530) 550-4455 for more details.
- Lifeguard Full Job Description
- TDRPD is hiring for currently certified lifeguards to work at the new Truckee Aquatic Center. The new Community Swimming Pool opened in September and is complete with two indoor pools (a warm water recreation pool and a lap/competition pool), party room, gathering spaces and concessions. Part time work, averaging 25 hours per week. Person must be able to work early mornings, between the hours of 6am-1pm. Ideal candidates will have a valid lifeguard certification, however we will train the right person.
Join a great team that works hard so we can play hard & be able to work out at work! Send applications/resumes or inquiries to Amanda at tdrpd.org, or call 530-550-4408
Hours: Shift times include: .
Weekdays 6:00 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Weekday afternoons 3:45 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
Weekends 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Weekends 11:45 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Pay: $12.60-$14.00 per hour or DOE, plus perks including passes for you and your family to our pool, fitness center, and more
- Fitness Center Staff Full Job Description
- TDRPD is hiring for fitness center staff to work managing the fitness center and providing supervision to many track and gym activities. This position is at the state-of-the-art Truckee Community Recreation Center that opened in 2009. This is part time work and can be up to 20 hours per week. There are plenty of perks that come with this job including access to the new aquatic center, West End Beach, the fitness center, and more for the employee and family. Ideal candidates will have a valid CPR certification, however we will train the right person.
Join a great team that works hard so we can play hard & be able to work out at work! Send applications/resumes or inquiries to Pete at tdrpd.org 530-550-4452
Hours: Shift times include: .
Sundays 7:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Mondays 6 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.
Wed/Thurs 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Pay: $11.63-$15.59 per hour or DOE, plus perks including passes for you and your family to our pool, fitness center, and more
- TDRPD is hiring for ASA certified umpires for the upcoming coed and men’s softball season. Games are Monday-Friday starting at 6 p.m. at the ballfields in Truckee. Typically officials work 3 games per night. Season starts May 22 and ends on or around August 31. Pay ranges $21- $26 per game. These are contract positions.
Join a great team that works hard so we can play hard & be able to work out at work! Send applications/resumes or inquiries to Pete at tdrpd.org or call 530-550-4452
- Please email your resume with completed employment application to HR Manager, Brandon Perry at email@example.com